Another New Member

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another New Member

Post by Mike Hodges on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 am

I regret that I had no direct involvement with Nine Elms or with Bulleid's masterpieces. I did bunk 70A once in early 1967 - but was soon asked to leave after just a few hurried black and white pictures.

I grew up in the Medway Towns during the 1950s and have memories but no photographs from that era. We used to visit an aunt at Meopham - she lived near the station and I spent hours (days?) spotting here. My earliest memory of a Bulleid Pacific dates from about 1953 - we were waiting at Rochester for the electric train to Meopham (a 2-HAL presumably) when I was disturbed by the passing of a very impressive sight - the name Kenley stuck in my memory and my first Southern Region ABC followed soon after. This was probably the spark that led to a life long interest in railways.

Steam was to disappear from this area very quickly (before I took up photography seriously) but it is amazing that there is so much now in preservation and that it is relatively easy to see and photograph a Battle of Britain, West Country or Merchant Navy in action.

Mike Hodges

Mike Hodges

Back to top Go down

Re: Another New Member

Post by 35005CP on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. Be great to hear more news when you did bunk at Nine Elms on what happened and any pictures you can find to show us what atmosphere you captured at 70A would be great to see!

Look forward to hearing and seeing some fab photos! Do you have a website with all you're photos?

Best Wishes

Andy

35005CP
Admin
Admin

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk & http://www.wix.com/35005cp

Back to top Go down

Post by 34070 Manston on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:43 pm

Good morning Mike.

Welcome to the group, and I hope you enjoy it.

34070 Manston

34070 Manston

Location : 74B - and I've got the Shed Plate T-shirt to prove it!

Back to top Go down

Post by 35013 Blue Funnel on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi Mike,

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the trip.

atb

35013 Blue Funnel

35013 Blue Funnel
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top