photo locations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

photo locations

Post by 35013 Blue Funnel on Wed May 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Many of us here go out, on a regular basis, taking photographs of main line workings or visiting and photographing heritage railways. Scouting out good locations can be a time consuming occupation and I would like to suggest that we pool our collective knowledge and create, on the forum, a list of some of the better locations with brief details of how to access them. We could, perhaps, include photos of the location or those taken from it. I believe this would create a useful resource which would benefit us all and possibly encourage new members to join the forum.

I look forward to hearing what others think of this.

dave 'd'
35013 Blue Funnel
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Re: photo locations

Post by 35005CP on Wed May 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Dave,

Many thanks for suggesting this excellent idea! Be it Preserved lines or mainline; it will give people an idea where to get the best shots and how to get to where they would like? Remember that you can also use Google Map to to view areas.

Andy

Admin
Admin

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk & http://www.wix.com/35005cp

Back to top Go down

Post by 34028 on Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

There is a website somewhere that serves exactly this purpose. If I can find it I'll post a link for you.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by 34028 on Thu May 06, 2010 3:44 pm

A quick bit of googling and here you go

http://www.trainspots.co.uk/

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by 35013 Blue Funnel on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Visited trainspots, helpful for the mainline, less so for preserved lines. Putting together our own 'trainspots' of preserved lines would I'm sure be of value to all of us.

I am quite happy to contribute pics and info from sites I've visited if this helps to get the ball rolling. There are two main forms of location, those available to anyone and those accessible only by the holders of Lineside passes. On the shorter preserved lines there may only be one or two locations but, on lines like the NYMR, WSR, SVR with 15 or more miles of track there are numerous locations often depending on time of day and sun position plus the all important issues of which way the loco will be facing and which way the gradient is running.

Hope this helps to get things started - I'm sure it would help to draw in more members to the site as well.

atb

Dave 'd'
35013 Blue Funnel
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top